Daily Chef – Richmond/Central London
An Chef is sought to work for a Principal well known to Dallas Dacre Lacy Domestic Recruitment Agency.
You will be working alongside the existing household staff at two UK properties – the main residence near Richmond and a second residence in Central London.
The Principal enjoys spending his free time in the kitchen so the Chef must feel comfortable with this, have a personable character but also know the boundaries to maintain a good employer/employee relationship.
There will be three main areas of responsibility in this role. The priority is to cook for the Principal, his guests and occasional staff catering (small numbers). You will be able to cook a range of mainly European cuisines from very high-quality home cooking to fine dining.
The second key responsibility is to make sure the Principal is always cared for in respect to his health, lifestyle, nutrition and general holistic wellness. There is a well-stocked kitchen garden, which should be utilized regularly.
The third key responsibility is to assist and support the team with the overall management and running of the properties – ensuring that properties and aircraft are provisioned.
My client is looking for someone who has a hands-on approach and is willing to personally involve in daily household tasks. You need to have good communication skills. You should be able to deal with last minute changes calmly & have excellent time management. You should be enthusiastic and ready to work as part of a young dynamic team.
Key Responsibilities and Hours
- Responsible for the daily operations and running of the kitchen at the main and secondary property in London
- Cooking high quality, nutritious meals for the principal, his guests and household staff
- Preparing food in advance for private jet flights
- Adhering to all dietary requirements and assisting with supplement routine
- Shopping for and ordering food in a timely and efficient manner
- Proactively thinking of cupboard essentials that could be homemade such as Kombucha
- Maintaining exceptional hygiene and cleanliness standards in kitchens
- Responsible for ordering cleaning products and other kitchen stock
- Ensuring out of date food is disposed of in a timely manner
- Working with the Household EA to ensure that the routine of the house is clear, organised and well-staffed
- Overseeing and engaging in the general upkeep of the property, maintenance jobs and working with the Household EA to manage contractors when necessary
- Running errands on behalf of the Principal
- Occasional dog walking would be helpful – but not essential
- Cooking for private dinner parties for up to 30 guests (usually no more than 10 functions of this size per annum)
- Work with the Principal to plan menus
- Forward thinking with guests dietary requirements
- Assist with service where necessary (Usually just when the principle is dining alone or with one or two guests informally).
Communication and working with others
- Carry out other duties as requested by the Principal or senior staff
- Work with the Private Office where applicable to discuss arrangements relating to the household and Principal
It would be beneficial if applicants have food hygiene certification
My client is looking for a Chef who has the following attributes:
- Hands on approach, willing to be personally involved in various household tasks
- Attention to the detail
- Positive and can-do attitude
- Team player who enjoys working with different types of people
- Confidence when dealing with big personalities
- Able to operate in a flexible and changing environment
- Copes well with last minute requests
- Trustworthy and handles confidential information appropriately
It is most likely that the Chef will be sent for training to some of the Principal’s preferred restaurants in London to familiarize themselves with some of his favorite dishes. If you are not willing to do this unfortunately this job is not for you!
The Chef will be required to work flexible hours and be available every day when the Principal is in London (approximately 65% of the year & typically 2-5 days in London at a time) It is unlikely that the Chef would ever be required to work more than 12 days in a row – and even this would be a rare occurrence.
The role will require very occasional travel with the Principal.
When the Principal is not in London hours can revert to a more typical schedule, but you will be expected to continue to fulfill the house management duties.
It will be necessary for you to respond to calls and messages outside of working hours
You must be an experienced driver with a UK driving licence & preferably have your own car.
This position is only suitable for applicants who live within easy commuting distance to Richmond.
Applicants must have at least five years experience working in high net worth private households, luxury hospitality industry, private yacht or 5 * hotel & familiar with providing an excellent level of service.
Verifiable written references from previous employers are required.
For good communication purposes applicants’ should have an excellent command of spoken & written English.
A rewarding salary depending on experience is offered for the right candidate. The position is to start ASAP.
All applicants must have a visa/passport to work in the UK be based in the UK already & available to attend an interview with the agency in London before their details will be sent to the client.
To apply for this position please register with our agency by clicking here.
Quote ‘DAILY CHEF – RICHMOND/CENTRAL LONDON’ in your application.