Daily Housekeeper – Kingston upon Thames/Central London
A Principal, who has been a previous client of Dallas Dacre Lacy’s Domestic Recruitment Agency, with luxury residences near Kingston upon Thames, Surrey & Central London is looking for a full time Housekeeper with impeccable standards of work who is able to operate in a flexible and changing environment.
You will be joining a young dynamic team (Travelling Valet & Butler) so the position would suit enthusiastic candidates with similar qualities looking for an immersive role that has some great benefits.
Primary responsibility will include an oversight of household organization, ensuring areas such as laundry and cleaning run efficiently and to a high standard. This is a ‘hands on’ role as every day you will need to be directly involved in doing laundry and cleaning yourself. You will be responsible for the overall appearance and atmosphere of the house both on a day to day basis and during hosted events. You will work closely with the Principal of the household, assisting him directly with valet, wardrobe and personal duties. The role will require occasional travel with the Principal.
- Being responsible for all cleaning that happens across the properties, ensuring staff have the correct products and equipment to maintain the highest standards
- Cleaning personally on a daily basis
- Being responsible for the function of the laundry, ensuring clothes are correctly cleaned and stored appropriately. This includes taking care of delicate clothing.
- Doing laundry personally on a daily basis
- Ensuring that laundry equipment is maintained and used correctly
- Performing daily turndown
- Being responsible for correct lighting and atmosphere across properties e.g. candles and lights on and off at the right times
- Ensuring all other aspects of properties are presented correctly e.g. clocks running at correct times, soap dispensers filled
- Travelling ahead of the principal to prepare other properties
- Working with other household staff to report faults and complete maintenance jobs as necessary
- Booking and manage external contractors where necessary
- Being responsible for organization of an extensive wardrobe with thousands of items
- Selecting outfits for the Principal
- Working with other household staff to pack and unpack for the Principal’s overseas travels
- Maintaining photographic inventories for packing
- Serving at table as required
- Assisting with events hosted by the Principal at properties
- Preparing the properties before events
- Cleaning the properties after events
- Assisting with service where necessary during events
- Providing support and input to senior members of the household team to ensure that the routine of the house is clear, organized and well-staffed
- Working with the Private Office where applicable to discuss arrangements relating to the household and Principal
In general the Housekeeper will be required to work a 5 day week which will usually include two weekends per month. The proposed working hours are between 9.30am and 9pm on a rota basis with flexibility to cover events and travel as required, both to rural locations in the UK and internationally. You will NOT be required to work 9.30am until 9pm on a daily basis.
You must be happy to travel at short notice, for up to 2-3 weeks at a time & in total for approx 2 months of the year so would suit applicants who are independent with no family ties.
Applicants must either live within easy commute to Kingston upon Thames & Central London
You must be an experienced driver with a UK driving licence.
Applicants must have at least five years experience working in high net worth private households, luxury hospitality industry, private yacht or 5 * hotel & familiar with providing an excellent level of service.
Verifiable written references from previous employers are required.
For good communication purposes applicants’ should have an excellent command of spoken & written English.
A rewarding salary £35-£40k depending on experience is offered for the right candidate.
The position is to start ASAP.
All applicants must have a visa/passport to work in the UK be based in the UK already & available to attend an interview with the agency in London before their details will be sent to the client.
To apply for this position please register with our agency by clicking here.
Quote ‘DAILY HOUSEKEEPER – KINGSTON UPON THAMES/CENTRAL LONDON’ in your application.