Head Gardener – Ascot Berkshire
Long term clients of Dallas Dacre Lacy’s Domestic Recruitment Agency located in Ascot are looking for a Head Gardener for their large Private Estate. The Head Gardener will be responsible for managing 13 young & dynamic members of the garden team, overseeing day to day garden management and maintenance and providing horticultural training for all team members.
The Head Gardener oversees all day to day garden management and maintenance (approx 60 acres formal & 20 acres pasture etc), ensuring that the team achieve first class standards and attention to detail across the Gardens and Estate. A brief description of duties are as follows:
- Ensuring all the gardens and grounds on the Estate and surrounding family owned properties are maintained to the highest possible standard. This includes the lawns, tennis courts, swimming pool area, lake area, Rose garden, Fountain Garden and Greenhouse management.
- Manage and oversee the flowers, plants, shrubs, salads and vegetables produced for inside the UK residences when the family are in residence.
- Work alongside various garden designers employed by the family
- Management of external contractors, such as pest control and pool maintenance
- Management of the garden staff
- Oversee all houseplant installations
- Produce a monthly Garden report to include photos, which is presented to the family
- Work alongside the Operations Manager to plan for special events throughout the year which include flower displays
General Applicant Requirement:
A friendly, hard-working, trustworthy and honest person required who has a flexible attitude, common sense and takes initiative.
At least 5 – 10 years horticulture & experience managing a team on a large estate.
The ideal profile would be applicants with former Head Ground Maintenance experience, a MHort qualification, and Botanical Garden Degree.
Verifiable written references.
A driver is essential.
Fluent spoken & written English is required.
Applicants must be discreet, unobtrusive and able to respect the family’s privacy.
All applicants must have a visa/passport to work in the UK be based in the UK already & available to attend an interview with the agency in London before their details will be sent to the client.
You will be required to work Monday-Friday, 7:00am–5:00pm. Some Saturdays and Bank Holidays may be required during the busy periods.
Accommodation could be provided if required.
A salary of £30,000 to £40,000 gross per annum depending on experience & whether you require accommodation.
The position is to start ASAP.
If you meet these criteria please send a copy of your CV making sure your relevant experience for this job is shown on the CV & copies of written references to me.
To apply for this position please register with our agency by clicking here.
Quote ‘HEAD GARDENER – ASCOT, BERKSHIRE’ in your application.