Housekeeper/Laundry Assistant – London & Dorset
A Live in or Live out Housekeeper with impeccable standards of work is sought to assist with the upkeep of 3 properties for the Principal, working as part of a young dynamic team. The position would suit enthusiastic candidates with a similar profile looking for an exciting new role that has some great benefits.
Your primary responsibility will be to ensure that the properties are maintained to the highest standard. Every day you will be directly involved in completing laundry and cleaning tasks yourself. You will be responsible for the appearance and upkeep of the house both on a day to day basis and during hosted events. You will also work closely with the other household staff to assist with some valet, wardrobe and personal duties. The role will require flexibility to travel between three properties – two in London and one in Dorset.
My client is looking for someone who has a hands-on approach and is willing to undertake daily household cleaning and laundry tasks. Good communication skills, a can do attitude & ability to work in a flexible and changing environment are required. You must be trustworthy and able to demonstrate that you can handle confidential information appropriately.
Cleaning and laundry
- Responsible for all cleaning that happens across the properties, ensuring staff have the correct products and equipment to maintain the highest standards
- Clean personally on a daily basis
- Responsible for the function of the laundry, ensuring clothes are correctly cleaned and stored appropriately. This includes taking care of delicate clothing.
- Do laundry personally on a daily basis
- Ensure that laundry equipment is maintained and used correctly
- Perform daily turndown
- Assisting other household staff with valet and wardrobe management when needed
Appearance and upkeep of properties
- Responsible for correct lighting and atmosphere across properties e.g. candles and lights on and off at the right times
- Ensure all other aspects of properties are presented correctly e.g. clocks running at correct times, soap dispensers filled
- Travel ahead of the principal to prepare other properties
- Work with other household staff to report faults and complete maintenance jobs as necessary
- Book and manage external contractors where necessary
Service and Events
- Daily table service as required
- Assist with events hosted by the Principal at properties
- Prepare the property before events
- Clean the property after events
- Assist with service where necessary during events
Communication and working with others
- Provide support and input to senior members of the household team to ensure that the routine of the house is clear, organized and well-staffed
- Work with the Private Office where applicable to discuss arrangements relating to the household and Principal
In general the Housekeeper will be required to work a 5 day week which will usually include at least two weekends per month. The proposed hours are between 9.30am and 9pm on a rota basis with flexibility to cover events and travel as required between the properties in the UK.
Be happy to travel at short notice to the various residences
Be an experienced driver with an EU driving licence & ideally your own car.
Have at least five years experience working in high net worth private households, luxury hospitality industry, private yacht or 5 * hotel
Be familiar with cleaning, laundry and providing an excellent level of table & drinks service.
Have verifiable written references from previous employers.
Have an excellent command of spoken & written English.
Have a visa/passport to work in the UK be based in the UK already & available to attend an interview with the agency in London before their details will be sent to the client.
Self contained accommodation will be provided, if required, for the successful candidate.
A rewarding salary depending on experience is offered for the right candidate.
The position is to start ASAP.
To apply for this position please contact our agency by email or telephone.
Quote ‘HOUSEKEEPER/LAUNDRY ASSISTANT – LONDON & DORSET’ in your application.