Personal Assistant – South West England
A Temporary Personal Assistant is sought for a Couple based within a large private country house in the South West of England. These are returning clients to Dallas Dacre Lacy Domestic Recruitment Agency.
You will be working alongside the employer’s existing PA who will focus on their corporate business whilst you will look after their personal matters which will include:
- Family diary, school term dates, holidays etc.
- The Principals’ joint diaries and events
- Gentleman Principal’s events
- Lady Principal’s events
All of the above in close liaison with the Business PA for business events
- Weekly staff rota
- Co-ordination with family driver – will require knowledge of family and business diaries
- HR performance reviews, training, Support and welfare
- Assist to rectify problems with staff houses, cars etc.
- Ensure payment of staff house bills, oil supplies etc.
- Drivers petty cash
- Managing petty cash & ordering household supplies, reconciling receipts for household accounts
- Assist with VAT returns tax returns etc.
In conjunction with House Manager looking after car tax renewals, insurance claims etc.
- Private Family Events – Issuing invitations and itineraries to guests
- Booking caterers, equipment hire, entertainment etc. liaising at all times with Private staff and House staff fro so-ordination and timings
- Event delivery and management, House Manager to review on event by event basis if PA is to attend.
- Assist when required with Lady Principal ‘s personal matters concerning Vogue, Hello etc.
- Oversee and assist when required with family travel arrangements, Hotels, airport transfers
- Arranging Visas, passport admin, ESTAs for the wider family and any staff as required
- Maintaining any licence records
- Memberships and patronages etc.
- Dealing with prescriptions, vaccinations, appointments
- Managing Mobile phone & Computer contacts
General school Administration, liaison, updates, applications, fees
- London Properties – Liaison with tenants and Letting agents
- Co-ordinate repairs, maintenance servicing etc., find and book contractors when required in conjunction with House Manager. When requested to do so.
- Maintain income and expenditure records for accounting and tax returns
- Liaison with the staff at property in France as required
- Co-ordinate family and staff travel to France
- Co-ordinate payment of bills etc.
- Light assistance co-ordinating with building services, grounds sand gardens etc at the Manor House. if required
- Ensure payment of Household bills as needed
- Ordering of heating oil
The above list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the role.
- Minimum 3 years proven experience with a VHNW private employer with checkable references
- Experience of delivering excellent levels of customer service
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES Required
- Able to hit the ground running
- Someone who thrives in a demanding environment
- Honest, professional, responsible, discrete, able to act with the utmost confidence at all times
- Excellent communication skills and enjoy working with both visitors and colleagues
- Flexibility to work weekends and bank holidays.
- Reliable and punctual, self-motivated with excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Equipped with excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Able to uphold a strict level of confidentiality and integrity at all times, recognising the need for sensitivity and discretion
- A very high level of professionalism
HOURS OF WORK: 5 days a week, 40 hours per week for a 6 month placement
Salary: £25-£30K per annum (pro rata) depending on experience.
HOLIDAYS: 29 days per annum (pro rata), includes 8 public holidays
Self contained accommodation on the estate could be provided if required.
The position is available to start ASAP.
Applicants must be fluent in written & spoken English.
You must be based in the UK & are available for interview in London and Wiltshire.
To apply for this position quote ‘PERSONAL ASSISTANT – SOUTH WEST ENGLAND’ in your application.