Travelling Valet – London & Overseas
One of Dallas Dacre Lacy Domestic Agency’s existing clients is seeking to recruit a Travelling Valet to support its Principal with luxury residences near Kingston upon Thames, Surrey & Central London. The primary responsibility will include oversight of the Principal’s wardrobe, ensuring an extensive collection of clothes are properly maintained.
This role also will support the Principal with his personal daily schedule which will include shopping and service.
The Principal travels extensively and this role will support the Principal in all practical aspects of travel – packing; unpacking and logistics as required during trips. The role will require you to travel alongside the Principal within the UK and internationally.
This is a unique opportunity to travel as part of a small and specialist team including Housekeeper & Butler supporting a highly influential businessman. You will be joining a young dynamic team so the position would suit enthusiastic candidates with similar qualities.
We are looking for someone who has a hands-on approach and is willing to personally involve in daily household tasks. This will also include doing cleaning, laundry and tidying.
- Responsible for organization of an extensive wardrobe with thousands of items
- Laundering and cleaning clothes correctly, particularly delicate items
- Mending and repairing damaged items of clothing
- Outfit selection and planning for the Principal
- Pack and unpack for the Principal when he travels abroad, including:
- Wardrobe items
- Electronic equipment – cameras, phones, charges, IT etc.
- Cosmetic products – skincare and other toiletries
- Medication and supplements
- Maintain photographic inventories for packing
- Assisting with travel arrangements before and during each trip
- Chauffeur duties as required
Personal duties assisting Principal
- Shopping and gift buying
- Oversight of personal drink, dietary and supplement schedule
- Working with other household staff to ensure that household routines are maintained correctly e.g. nightly turn down, candles on and off at correct times.
Housekeeping and daily upkeep of properties
- Doing laundry and cleaning as required
- Preparation and tidying of property
- Setting up for meetings
- Covering other staff during their holiday period
Service and Events
- Daily table service as required
- Assistance and service at events hosted by the Principal at properties
Communication and working with others
- Provide support and input to senior members of the household team to ensure that the routine of the house is clear, organised and well-staffed
- Work with the Private Office where applicable to discuss arrangements relating to the household and Principal
- Travel with Principal at all times both with the UK and internationally
- Roughly 50% of the year spent away from London. Particularly one month from late December – January and six weeks in July / August.
- Start and finish times will be determined by the movements of the Principal
- Hours allocated via ongoing and changeable rota
- Roughly two days off per week
- Flexibility required
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in private households, hospitality, 5 * luxury hotels or restaurants
- Experience of serving customers, diners, guests or a Principal directly
- Familiar with cleaning and laundry
- Good standard of written and spoken English
- Right to work within the UK
- Able and willing to drive in the UK
Preferable Qualifications and Experience
- Wardrobe and clothing management experience including sewing
- A good knowledge of jewellery
- Hands on approach, willing to be personally involved in practical household tasks
- Attention to the detail
- Positive and can-do attitude
- Team player who enjoys working with different types of people
- Able to operate in a flexible and changing environment
- Copes well with last minute requests
- Trustworthy and handles confidential information appropriately
- Happy to travel at short notice, often for extended periods
Applicants must be experienced drivers with a UK driving licence.
Verifiable written references from previous employers are required.
For good communication purposes applicants’ should have an excellent command of spoken & written English.
A rewarding salary of £35,000 – £45,000 gross per annum depending on experience is offered for the right candidate. The position is to start ASAP.
All applicants must have a visa/passport to work in the UK & travel internationally, be based in the UK already & available to attend an interview with the agency in London before their details will be sent to the client.
To apply for this position please register with our agency by clicking here.
Quote ‘TRAVELLING VALET – LONDON & OVERSEAS’ in your application.